How do I access my modem settings?
To view and edit your Telstra-supplied modem settings, such as Wi-Fi Network Name, Password and DNS Settings, you need to know your modem’s default address - or home page. Here are two options for finding it.
Option 1: Find your Telstra modem’s default address
- Ensure your modem is connected and you have a green Wi-Fi light
- Use a computer or tablet to connect to your Wi-Fi home network
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Enter the correct URL for your modem:
- For nbn™/ADSL/Velocity/Cable (with Adapter) modems - enter http://10.0.0.138 or http://telstra.gateway/
- For Cable (without Adapter) modems - enter http://18.104.22.168 or http://telstra.gateway/
- If your modem is a Telstra Gateway Frontier®/Telstra Smart Modem - no matter what technology type - enter http://192.168.l.1 or http://mygateway/